Wednesday 16 August 2017

And then there were three

I get up around 6.30 and put a couple of bananas outside in case of bush babies. I’ve heard them during the night but none materialise – I suspect I’ve left it too late but after so many early mornings I didn’t want to set an alarm. At breakfast Sharon tells me that the Batley teens left a banana out overnight and heard a bush baby in the morning but could be bothered to get up and look. The banana had gone, though …

The Batleys are the first to leave and we all wave them off. We grab some pool time before seeing off the Georges at noon. We get the keys to our new rooms soon after – our bags have already been moved for us. Our new room is elephant themed, so clearly it was destined to be mine all along! We’ve booked a sailing trip for 8.30 tomorrow morning, which means we will have to be packed and ready to check out before we set off. We can keep one room to shower and change before we leave.
This afternoon, we borrow masks and snorkels and attempt to go snorkelling from the beach below the lodge. It’s not a success – the sea urchins are everywhere so it’s hard to see where to put your feet and the water is very shallow quite a long way out.

After dinner Alex and I lie on the loungers on the jetty to look at the sky, which is clear and bright with stars again. We both see shooting stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment